Category Development Manager - Oxfordshire
ViVAS was created in 2008 as a joint venture between Bibendum Wine Ltd and Bidfood Foodservices. We’re growing significantly and now have an exciting opportunity in our Bicester depot to join the team as a wine specialist, working closely with Bibendum to develop wine sales within the Bidvest Foodservices network.
- Targeting incremental new business growth.
- Identifying, developing and winning significant new wine business in the free trade sector (target customer profile: £20K+ wine sales).
- Leading with the wine agenda, helping to deliver the depot targets and support the wider national wine strategy.
- Providing selective and targeted category help and support for the business managers and telesales function.
- Leading the wider sales force with a greater emphasis on empowering them to sell more wine as part of their sales conversation. Main Tasks
- Develop and grow new wine business in the Free Trade sector.
- Full P&L accountability for viable new business obtained.
- Working very closely with business managers, field sales managers and regional sales controllers to maximize significant new business opportunities.
- In addition to sales there is a need to manage a contact plan and build strong relationships with various internal and external stakeholders across the wider regional business structure.
- Link the national wine strategy to the local context and ensure all nationally agreed strategic activity is delivered.
- Train and develop the business managers and telesales teams to interact with the range and be able to confidently sell the core wine range to customers.
- A sales budget, planned on an annual basis, measured on number of new wine buying customers and sales turnover.
- Minimum margin and retention criteria
- Accountable to develop and secure a pre-identified and qualified pipeline of new business prospects
- Manage results through others – lead change in mindset among the wider Bidvest sales teams.Key Contact PointsBusiness managers, telesales team, buyers, logistics, ViVAS central management, field sales managers, Depot Head of Sales and Bibendum regional sales teams.
- Candidate must be creative in finding commercially sound solutions to problems.
- Target driven – commercially astute and demonstrate analytical ability in being able to construct viable financial proposals.
- Ability to influence and motivate peer group.
- Ability and confidence to manage up through the business and retain control of the wine agenda.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time with respect to working through a significant prospect pipeline across the region.
- Self starter who has the confidence and ability to work autonomously when required.
- Energetic and upbeat personality that can inspire confidence in both customers and colleagues.
- Strategic thinker who can proactively manage existing key accounts while developing new ones.
- Organised individual who is able to lead and influence those around them to ensure the wine agenda is brought to life in Bidvest Foodservices.
- Has a passion for drinks and making wine more accessible to everyone.
- Please note you are Please note that you will be applying to work directly for ViVAS as part of Bidfood Foodservices, not Bibendum Wine Limited.