Customer Marketing Manager- 12 month FTC
Monthly visits to Accounts head office or in on tradePurpose
Reporting to a Senior Customer Marketing Manager, the Customer Marketing Manager is responsible for the implementation of Account specific Marketing initiatives with assigned National Accounts that contribute to Directs National Account growth plan strategy.
These tailored initiatives will meet the Customers objective as well as Directs objective to increase retention, penetration and deliver profitable sales across the entire drinks portfolio. Responsible for the end to end delivery of projects through to evaluation, working closely with design, account counterparts, SCMM, NAMs to jointly deliver the Account plans against set KPI’s.
The CMM will ensure that our values are at the heart of everything we do with strong relationship building skills and creative flair that will help continue our reputation as the industry leader in Customer Marketing.
- Implementation of account specific Marketing activations encompassing but not limited to: events, quarterly central campaigns, staff incentives, bespoke promotions, social media & digital and all SAM (Sales & Marketing) tools
- End to end management of all collateral as assigned by the SCMM from brief, creation, implementation & evaluation of activation at the point of purchase that directly impacts GC, retention or new business
- Customised market insight plans to drive profitable activation within Account
- Delivery of customised tenders for new business working in a cross functional team
- Ownership of Marketing relationships within channel
- Monthly reporting of activity via the CM newsletter with evaluation; demonstrating how campaigns have improved retention / conversion / profitability
- Driving visibility at every consumer touch point; delivering ‘perfect outlets’ that focus on the consumer drinks journey
- Building content plan for accounts; working closely with Marketing to ensure full use of central content is tailored to meet Account needs
- Ongoing competitor analysis sharing information at monthly team meetings (CM and Sales)
- Proactively challenging Accounts to review their drinks lists to ensure they meet our psychology of a wine list design to drive GC across the product portfolio
- Presenting & influencing at monthly sales team meetings: sharing success of other CM activity, providing channel insights and initiatives that directly impact GC, penetration and retention
- Delivery of tactical special projects as set by the Senior Customer Marketing Manager
- Working closely with SMs to ensure any opportunities with relevant Suppliers are maximised within account base
- Support the Senior Customer Marketing Manager with larger customer accounts, however leading their own smaller client groups as directed
The role will require monthly travel to accounts, head office and in trade.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse, interpret & use all Group insight sources
- End to end project planning and delivery
- Writing specific and accurate briefs
- Strong analytical skills for promotional evaluation & identifying sales opportunities within range
- Ability to influence internal & external stakeholders
- Excels at multi tasking and project prioritisation
- Marketing degree or professional Marketing qualification
- Proven track record of success in a marketing role, preferably within a trade / B to B focus
- Understanding of the National On Trade channel
- Demonstrable ability to work with market insights & ability to build strategy
On Trade experience
Solution focused individual
Clear demonstration of entrepreneurial spirit
Can do approach to work and a team player
Not scared to challenge or to speak up
Proactive & resilient
Full of initiative & well thought out ideas that directly impacts bottom line
Takes great pride in their work
Passion: We tackle challenges and opportunities with passion and enthusiasm. Across the business we have fun whilst we do it.
Agility: We are always flexible to the needs of the business. Our people generate innovative ways of working. In return our leadership embrace new ideas and opportunities.
Team Work: We work as one team to achieve a common goal. We support our customers, our retail Franchisees and each other.
Customer Focus and Excellence: We make a difference by going the extra mile for our customers and each other
Conviviality is an equal opportunities employer.